A Few thoughts of my Father...

A Few thoughts of my Father...
Because You Never Know Who's Reading!

About Me

My photo
Gilbertsville, PA, United States
It is only by the grace of God that I am sitting here today and writing this. I thank Him for all He has done and is doing, and WILL DO in my life, and it is my prayer that anyone who is reading this today, whether you are a scrapbooker I know, on a Design Team with me, a co-worker, a friend from church, or someone who thinks they are reading this "by coincidence," I want you to know that God loves you, and once you know Him, nothing can ever separate you from the love of God. Thanks for visiting me here. Love, Cindy

Followers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Discovering Your God-Given Gifts

Gifts? From God?? For ME???
YOU BET!
And no two of us are quite alike. "For I am fearfully and wonderfully made." (Scripture verses will be referenced after the casts come off and I can hold up my Concordance!)
So we all have unique sets of gifts.

God created each one of us for a very special task/job/ministry. For some of us, it is obvious: For one friend of mine, it went like this: I LOVE KIDS. THEY NEED HELP IN THE NURSERY. BINGO! I'LL APPLY TO BE A NURSERY WORKER. That was 5 years ago, and she remains faitheful to that call on her life.

For me, it wasn't ever so clear-cut. First, I had to be a part of everything and anything! And not just your ordinary helper, but the LEADER! It took me a very long time to figure out that the girl who keeps the Ladies' Room clean has just important a job as the Youth Pastor, the person working in the "Welcome Center," and that guy who's always taking out the trash after Community Day!

As part of our Church's membership process, optional seminars are available for people to take, one being titled "Discoverig Your God-Given Gifts." We took a surve of sorts, and I scored highest in "helps," "mercy" "teaching" and "pastoral care," which all fit right in with my career as a pschotherapist for children with behavior problems, and my acute awareness of the needs of others, along with a strong a desire to give them the tools to improve their cirumstances.

So, to make a long story short, the girl who has been working alone with the children, with ZERO help, needs a CO-LEADER! YAY! She's coming over this afternoon, so we can work on a training, so other's can help out as well, and learn a new skilll set. I'm really excited about it! Iok a while, but with lots of prayer, and thoughtful consideration, as well as a few long convsersations with some of the elder women of the church, I feel that I am i the center of God's will, if only in this particular situation!

I feel closest to God when I am involved with His people, doing His work. Of course, I absolutely live for the times of day that I can just meet with Him, quietly, settle myself into his loving arms, grace, and salvation, and sing His praises for saving me from eternal separation from Him and his incomparable love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, Cindy! I always score high in the prophetic/teacher area of these surveys. I used to teach a ladies Bible studies and loved it. Currently I am without church, but never without God.....
I am loving seeing this side of you :)

Voting

Parenting