A Few thoughts of my Father...

A Few thoughts of my Father...
Because You Never Know Who's Reading!

About Me

My photo
Gilbertsville, PA, United States
It is only by the grace of God that I am sitting here today and writing this. I thank Him for all He has done and is doing, and WILL DO in my life, and it is my prayer that anyone who is reading this today, whether you are a scrapbooker I know, on a Design Team with me, a co-worker, a friend from church, or someone who thinks they are reading this "by coincidence," I want you to know that God loves you, and once you know Him, nothing can ever separate you from the love of God. Thanks for visiting me here. Love, Cindy

Followers

Saturday, August 8, 2009

"Priest for people who don't go to church!"

This entire weekend, for 4 services, we have the awesome opportunity to hear our Missionary friend, Johannes Armritzter, President of MissionSOS, preach the Gospel at our church. So, you may say, "OK, another missionary. I think I'll stay home."

BIG MISTAKE!

Johannes is a pretty regular guy, who grew up with many of the same tough situations that some of us have, and others of us have been blessed not to. But, by God's grace, his family is now on fire for Jesus, and he travels the world, taking the Good News of Jesus Christ "to the unreached peoples of the world." He truly has a heart to "bring as many people with (him) to Heaven as (he) possibly can!"

The teachings for the weekend are focused on the Holy Spirit, getting to know God who lives in us (ME!) and letting the gifts of the Holy Spirit flow freely in our lives.

Being in a wheelchair, I must admit that my physical body started feeling very achy and tired, but when God is revealing Himself to me in a whole new way, the pain is no longer so important!

Johannes will be preaching again tonight and Sunday morning, so if you're local to me, I can guarantee that if you come expectantly, with whatever measure of faith you have, YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!

Why am I standing on this Crazy for Jesus soapbox I've been on? Until Jesus returns to take me home, as He promised! (Wanna come?!--you can!) See, I can't save the world--actually, I can't save anyone at all, and I don't propose to be able to~~that's God's work (or shall I say pleasure?!) All I CAN do, is to share what Jesus has done in my own life, and let that speak for itself. The changes are astounding! I want to see everyone get to know my God-- the one and only God--The Creator of the Universe, the One who saved me, and delivered me from the impossible, and has me sitting here writing this so that maybe, we can be a little bit more like Jesus every day.

Father God, thank you for your people, who are obedient to do what you have asked them. Thank you for your Holy Spirit who lives in me, who comforts me and guides me through every moment. Let me be sensitive to His voice. Most of all, Father, may the light of Your precious Son Jesus shine in me, that others would come to know Him in a profound and eternity-changing way.
In His name,
Amen.

No comments:

Voting

Parenting