A Few thoughts of my Father...

A Few thoughts of my Father...
Because You Never Know Who's Reading!

About Me

My photo
Gilbertsville, PA, United States
It is only by the grace of God that I am sitting here today and writing this. I thank Him for all He has done and is doing, and WILL DO in my life, and it is my prayer that anyone who is reading this today, whether you are a scrapbooker I know, on a Design Team with me, a co-worker, a friend from church, or someone who thinks they are reading this "by coincidence," I want you to know that God loves you, and once you know Him, nothing can ever separate you from the love of God. Thanks for visiting me here. Love, Cindy

Followers

Friday, October 9, 2009

God Keeps His Promises!

I have experienced the Love of God so mightily in my life lately, that I can barely find the words to express it!
While I have been a Christian for nearly 15 years now, it is only recently that I have felt a true ONENESS with Jesus-- that real and genuine personal relationship that I have sought for so, so long...that Peace of God that passes all human understanding is finally mine!  So, why didn't I claim this for myself  long ago?

Have YOU claimed God's promises, any of many, for yourself lately?

There are a few things that God does NOT promise, for example, He doesn't promise us a stress-free, worry-free, pain-free life.  That doesn't mean that He wishes or CAUSES us to suffer or worry, but He doesn't always step in to rescue us when we do face trials.  In James 1:1, He tells us that the testing of our faith develops perseverance, maturity, and character!  Sometimes I think I should have so much character by now, that I really don't need any more trials!

But, when God's love comes pouring down, when He comes down, breaks through, satisfies, cleanses, makes whole, redeems, and delivers....!  WOW!  It sure makes up for the little problems we face, and even most of the big ones.

God promises that He will never leave us nor forsake us; that whatever we pray that is in accordance with His will, He will do it!; that whenever two or more of us are gathered in His name, there He will be in our midst!
He promises that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved!; and most importantly, that whosoever would believe in His Son Jesus, will not perish, but have everlasting life!

Of course, there are far too many promises of God to even start to list them all, but just open His Word!  I PROMISE that you won't have to read too many passages before you hit a wonderful promise from God, for YOU!

Love,
Cindy

No comments:

Voting

Parenting